jeudi 7 juillet 2011

Qui dit qu'il n'y a pas de bulle en Chine? Le cas de la station Centrale de Guangzhou

Via Zero Hedge:

Submitted by Tim Staermose of Sovereign Man

Guangzhou South Station: Something Out Of A Zombie Movie

When I left my hotel bound for the new Guangzhou South Station the other day , I didn’t know much about the station– where it was, how far from the hotel, etc. After about 25 or 30 minutes in the cab, I still hadn’t seen any signs for the station and grew concerned that the cabbie was just taking me for a ride.

As we eventually approached the station, I began to understand why it was so far out of town. Clearly, the only way they could find enough contiguous land to build this monstrosity was to go WAY into to the outskirts of the city.

In the end, it was a 27.82 kilometer (17.39 miles) cab ride from my downtown hotel, and took 49 minutes to get there. I know this because Chinese taxis are very efficient and give you a highly detailed receipt.

Guangzhou South Station is absolutely COLOSSAL. By comparison, it is much bigger than any of the 3 international airport terminals in Manila where I live… and I’d say it’s over 8 times larger than the Central Airport Express Station in Hong Kong.

...
All of this certainly begs the question– how many more empty buildings and unused train stations can they possibly build? More importantly, what happens to China’s economy when all this fixed asset spending starts to subside?

Aucun commentaire: